The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A sight you won't see again

Courtesy of our living history museum which we call a farm.
I a Vemeer irrigator and a vintage Minneapolis-Moline U tractor. The MM U is the ideal irrigation tractor as it has a hand clutch and a stand up type platform. You disengage the clutch, step off the back, and pick up a pipe. No climbing up on a tall tractor and putting it in gear before you can drive.


Otherwise, I've spent the last two days sick in bed with influenza. My little helper came in today and picked up several of the fields I wasn't able to stack Saturday.
My brain has hurt too much to look at the internet.

5 comments:

  1. Getting sick this time of year just sucks. I was going to call you about the aforementioned combines, good thing I didn't. Let me know when you get back to feeling human again and we'll visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are soon well and back in the saddle of that old MM again. No fun being sick. Its not the kind of time off work you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments of support. I think I need a vacation. One that lasts like two or three or 30 years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living history museum, roll on the floor laughing, I don't know the code for that. I learned we were Amish and became Mennonite during my childhood. That's the way we farmed and nothing bad is meant againts those sects. They are better farmers than I am in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!