The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Short blog post due to the fact I should be working

Seems to be a busy time of year!
Yesterday my daughter drove a tractor by herself for the first time Tuesday. We had a discussion of safety and what to do if it caught on fire (run) and not to slip the Amplitorque or to go downhill with it in low and never to get off with the PTO engaged. Then I drove away. I didn't drive that far. Just enough to make her think I was gone. She fluffed some hay for me. It saved a little time.
My employee has been sick for the past two days.
My daughter has been a great help. She helps me move equipment and she also raked a field of hay by herself yesterday.
I had to bale a load of wheat straw by 7 p.m. for a fellow who pays cash! At 1 p.m. we had hardly started the combine.
Muddyvalley came over to help. I offered him cash out of my payment but he declined.
I think he was just so thrilled with the cultural experience...
We shall see what today brings!

4 comments:

  1. Lucky guy Budde. Make sure you pay her well :-)
    Ampli torque must be the same as Massey multi power as in low multi power = no engine braking.
    I tried out the New Holland haybine yesterday. Big improvement over what I had before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what Amplitorque is. I don't know why you don't drive down hill in low. I do know what a PTO is. Most of all I know the joy of watching our children grow. As you have been told many times, enjoy the time. Also look forward to the continuing saga. This summer I stayed in my children's homes and let them pay for the a/c and pick up the check when we went out to eat.

    There are benefits to training them right.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I don't charge for helping out a friend when he's in a bind. Second, the next time the helper can't get to work might be at my field & I thought it would be a good idea to practice on your field first! :-) Third, your daughter's a sweetheart & really smart, but she's too small, and it's too dangerous for her to be on the tractor in front of that rake.
    Not necessarily in that order.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!