The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ironic corn planting?

The farmer thought it was funny to no-till GMO corn into non-GMO sugarbeets which had just been sprayed with round-up. Now that the lawsuit against GMO sugar beets appears to be dead the seed company no longer wants the non-GMO seed and is paying the farmer to kill the crop-with round-up...
Not sure if I am doing this correctly. Only planting 1 1/2" deep but right into good moisture. The Keeton Seed firmers are putting the seed right at the bottom of the furrow. I need better closing wheels. I'm looking at the Shaffert single disk that attaches to the our single closing wheel.


In other excitement Muddyvalley brought me a pile of records which I have yet to go through, so books, and a glass swan for Sadie. I also gave her the Amelia Earhart book.
Quite an interesting collection I must say.
Perhaps i will have more time for describing the treasures tomorrow.
I have found the planter works better below 4 mph in this no-till situation. Not really high production I must say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!