The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ok, I have become the lazy farmer...

Shirking responsibility is what I am doing.
My neighbor wanted me to have all his hay picked up by morning. I didn't get started until 7:30 tonight as I was trying to do my own hay.
I've picked up sixteen blocks of hay in two fields, (52.8 tons of hay) and I had to drive right past my house to get to the next field.
On the way I'm doing this rationalization thing:
My neighbor expressing disappointment in my work ethic and farming abilities, or supper and my easy chair?
My neighbor getting his hay rained on (not supposed to rain tonight plus a red sky at sunset) or tucking my daughter into bed and going to bed myself.
My neighbor never hiring me again, or a nice long poop...
So far, my neighbor is losing... Hope he doesn't still read this blog... Well, it is almost 11 p.m.
Ten years ago, I'd still be stacking.
But exactly how has that made me a self-actualized person?
Goodnight...

1 comment:

  1. I have failed to live up to the lazy farmer's standards. Got up early to spray herbicides this morning and made the mistake of looking at the radar map. Now I sit waiting for the showers to pass over. I will soon need to cut the hay on my lawn if I don't get the lawn tractor going.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!