The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I go on vacation in the middle of summer and we find a phonebooth

My wife and daughter talked me into going to the beach with them. I took a Monday off!
It was nice but now I am behind.
We went to Astoria and then back down 101 to Lincoln City and then came home.
We went to Fort Stevens and made scary noises in the old sea artillery bunkers.
We found a phone booth.
You don't see those much anymore. No change in the coin return.

Then we went to the beach in search of anonymity and so I suggested dark glasses. However my daughter clarified her true intent was to find an "anemone." We found several in tide pools. If you poke them with your finger they try to eat you. At first I told the daughter not to mess with them as we didn't want to damage them. But everyone else on the beach was abusing them so I said what is the point and we gently prodded them so they would try to eat your finger. I wore my dark glasses just in case.
Now I am so far behind I think I will never catch up.
Yesterday I made feed for a guy but forgot to put it in the barrels so he could pick it up.
I'm going to make some more if I every make it out of the house.
Just one more cup of coffee...

6 comments:

  1. Holiday in Summer! we always had one day at the beach with dad in the summer growing up (but I don't think he'd take us on too sunnier day!). Never worry about not catching up, you won't sit on your death bed in years to come and regret spending time with your family (or at least I hope not!). wiorst thing with farming is it wont wait for you (carpentry will though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev, I have a hard time with taking a day off when the sun is shining and I have work to do. I don't remember my dad ever doing such a thing, (other than Sundays but we always spent most of the day in church). I remember one holiday trip in my childhood. We went to the next state to look at a corn picker and took a vacation. Ten years later we did the same thing but went to look at a baler.
      Pretty funny.

      Delete
  2. They had to leave at least one phone booth for Superman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorges, you know we discussed that very thing. I suspect the reason we don't see Superman much anymore is that there are no phonebooths to use. Either that or the Green Lantern recent revelation has made him afraid to wear his tights...

      Delete
    2. That also explains why the Mission Impossible guy hasn't been seen around lately .

      Delete
  3. Central Oregon GrownAugust 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

    I saw the beach at age 11....we only lived in
    Central Oregon but my Dad farmed. We spend two days sort of camping but it rained, there were slugs....and it was miserable, but when we hit
    Suttle Lake on the way home out came the SUN and
    we didn't ask again about the beach for years!
    P.S. All the way to see a phone booth isn't the
    one by Dad's (or Mr. Kim's) still there?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!