The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scattered showers

Mostly over my hay field.
I finished Muddy Valley hay field sometime around 11 p.m. Monday. I got stuck a couple times with the stacker. I was pulled out once by a Traxscavator which is basically a 1940's D-4 with a hydraulic loader bucket. I may have a photo.
The other five times with just used the 2-135.
I was on my way to stack for the neighbor Tuesday Morning when I started to see more and more wet pavement and then puddles. I turned around and went home.
My land lady at Gopher V. called to tell me it was raining on her hay and I should do it first next year. I was polite. I think there will be no next year at Gopher V. I'm not sure what to do with 40 acres of rained on hay in this market. I should just walk away. Would have been done if I would have had another day of nice weather.
Today it is raining. We are working on the stacker. I am going to attempt to rebuild some large hydraulic cylinders...
In the mean time, for lack of photos out of my phone, I leave you with a fiddling Robot.
It is fiddling while the hay molds!


7 comments:

  1. My condolences on the bad hay weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad news about the hay. Mine gets rained on pretty well every year before I bale it. The cows still eat it.I've quit worrying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Gopher Valley had .06" of rain today.
    We got it next. It's a D-6 by the way. Worth more than a D4 for scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorges and Ralph, Into every life a little rain must fall...They say it falls equally on the just and unjust I sometimes wonder whose life I'm averaging out...

    Muddy, A D-6! It seemed pretty large for a D-4. I looked up Traxcavator with several spellings trying to find a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robofeller looks like he was programmed by someone with small square experience.

    Replace the fiddle with a 60lb hay bale and the bow with a bale hook and I've danced that same jig stacking the 5th layer on a hayrack on a side hill July afternoon above the river.

    Interesting a fiddling robot draws more offensive hits than a rant. Or maybe someone doesn't like people fixing stackers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collieguy, I don't really see what is offensive about this post. Probably the fiddle players union worried that they will be made redundant.
    Did you ever dive in the river as a respite from stacking the hay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late July, the river runs low enough you'd be hard pressed to get much respite there. If I could've, I would've. Guess I should call it a creek, in respect to your proper river.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!