The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, November 23, 2009

Gertie is getting fired!

I just checked the Gasoline Alley comic strip this morning and it looks like Gertie is getting fired. I'm hoping there is a story twist. However she did us some very poor judgement.
Gertie has been taking care of Walt for something like the past two-three years. Gasoline Alley is sort of in real time. Three years would be a while for a caregiver from my observations from the Rock of Ages rest home where we have services. Walt has Alzheimers (will spell check later, I only think of things to write when I'm in a hurry.) and has to have full time care.
Gertie has found true love with Earl Bird who is a harp playin' smooth talker and has now hit the big time. She took Walt to a concert to see Earl, but she bought the tickets from a scalper and she got thrown out. Walt stayed and hi-jinks insued... Now we are seeing a whole string of missunderdstandings leading to a set up for either her termination or lots of hugs. A cliff hanger as it were...
I am worried about Joel who fell in the grave he was digging on Halloween night. He is in there with kitty. I hope someone finds him. With the weather we are having he could have floated out...
To read Gasoline Alley click on the link on my favorite websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!