The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday rain

Woke up to rain this morning. Yesterday I got a late start. I needed to check a field that a vineyard fellow wanted me to disk for him. He said it was 12 acres. My GPS says it is 4.5 acres. Kind of hard to make money on that job unless you have a $500 minimum charge...
Got started planting at 1:30 p.m. Forgot my lunch. Forgot to get any money. Had $1.50 for a burrito at Dad's Market Deli. Another farmer offered to loan me $2 but I declined. I had hoped to bum a spicy dog (type of hot dogs favored by cousin) off my cousin. It is his notorious lunch of the day. Unfortantly his wife was sick. I'm planting amost with in sight of his house.
I've moved from the riverbottom to a field across from the Grand Island store. No money and I could see the store.
I'm planting wheat into winter wheat stubble. The drill pulls hard.  Had to drop into 4th gear. Auto rate controller not working. GPS drifted almost a whole drill width from 3p.m. to 9 p.m.
I finished that field, 45 acres, by 9:30. Next I'm planting wheat in to fescue stubble. Will see how that goes in the rain. My go to daughter's soccer game instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!