If I get another Facebook post about how one farmer in 2016 feeds 500 people and one farmer in 1950 fed minus ten I will... Well, do nothing. Probably burst an internal gasket and not wave at someone.
I suspect the truth is that in 1950 one farmer had a small farm and fed his family, supported local businesses and led a nearly self-sufficient life.
By 2016 one asshole farmer had claimed the "American Dream" and displaced 700 1950's farmers and farmer with his "Asshole Family RiverViewCanyon Side Farms LLC" and is of course... "Feeding the world," cause every day is earth day for farmers.
If I were scholarly I would look up the USDA statistics and I could tell you some points that are always left out of those pro-corporate farming posts. How many people per acre are fed now vs, in 1950. (I'm sure the rate has gone up) How many farmers who make a living off their farms now vs 1950. Average population of small towns then vs now, hp of tractor then vs now... But it wouldn't matter. No one but people wearing scratchy woolen underwear or lover's of Bernie Sanders want to move back to the farm and actually live off the income.
2. The insanity of modern academic life.
3. The insanity at my job
4. How steep a hill I can climb with my Gator.
5. How Republican's banding against Trump will get us Hilary and Bernie and what is wrong with that. (There is no loyal opposition)
6. Random hilarious news stories, with added commentary
7. How I used a propane torch and JB weld to repair the Tandberg Facet speakers Muddy Valley gave me. How to spell Sandberg Fascet speakers. How crappy a plastic speaker stuffed with fiberglass insulation sounds. How Bose compensates for this with crossovers designed to hide the fact that 101 music monitors have cheap crappy speakers and how The Sandberg Fawcet uses expensive speakers and still sounds like plastic.
8. Updates on farming. How I managed to crack my ribs again. How I am not actually repairing the a/c on the MM G1355, a place to get a driveline for a New Holland 1411 mower.
9. That I am now late for work. I can't decide to ride the Triumph, the Honda, or take a car. Kind of my morning question of if I should poop or go blind. A difficult decision I face every day....
I leave you with an unedited blog post and a video...