The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

We make a trip to the big city-Whoop! Whoop!

This weekend my lovely wife and I took a weekend away in honor of our anniversary. She found us a good deal at the Governor Hotel in Portland. When we arrived we found that we had been upgraded to the fifth floor high class suite. It was nice. We looked out the balcony and watch the sun go down over the city.




Later we had a dinner at Jake's Grill located in the Hotel. Then we wandered around downtown. We went to Powell's and looked at books for several hours.

Then we caught the Max a few blocks over and had flaming coffee's at Huber's. It was kind of over-rated but I like burning things.
This morning we went to Chinatown and had Dim Sum at Fong Chong's. We usually go to House Of Louie which is a lot better. It was kind of a neat old place anyway.


We saw a brand new building going up. In the close up you can see windmills on top. I suppose someone is making some money off a clever green scam.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both on your anniversary. May you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We went to the zoo today. People watching was very good today, being Halloween and all. What kind of mom wears a "naughty cop" outfit to the zoo with her three kids? Saw that one and the "naughty nurse"! We came home through Forest Grove and Mac. Carlton looks to be a real yuppie wine destination now, kinda sad. What's the new store at the south end of Amity, near the bridge? And the new construction across the road? Guess I don't get to the North Valley very often anymore. The drive from Amity to Rickreall was beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at your pictures again. Do you ever wonder how the Outdoor Store stays in business? Seems like that place never changes. Dad and I were in there once, he was looking for something and they sent us upstairs. The upstairs is not used too much, I don't think. Seems that one corner of the room was nothing but empty shipping cartons. Lots of empty shelves and vacant floor space. I imagine once it was a booming business.

    BTW I posted a bunch of pics on NAT last night, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorges, Thank you very much!
    Orin, So how did you know if you were on the right side of the fence-it was Portland after all.
    I didn't go into the Outdoor Store this time. It is a very interesting place. I also missed going into Cameron's Books where I once bought a whole pile of Country Gentlemen magazines from the 1930's.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!