The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I get more campaign literature

Well, my wife another big glossy postcard from Susan Sokol Blosser. It is titled, "When it's schools against businesses, the big loser is Oregon."
And that means what? I suppose it is some sort of commentary about taxes and school funding and I'm betting she wants more money for schools
She was a teacher in a local school district.
She is a winery owner.
This pretty much means that she doesn't want schools to teach kids the basic skills found in reading writing and arithmetic.
The one room school house provided the education basics that put a man on the moon. It seems to me it has been pretty much down hill from there.
Speaking of down hill I plowed some ground for the first time in years and already the arrow head collectors are out and it hasn't even rained yet. They tell me there was a big Indian war fought in this area. The collector thinks it was right in this area. This is mostly forgotten history. It is certainly not taught in the local schools and the local Indians were not from this area anyway.
But, I digress...
I'm not sure I am a big fan of the Republican candidate either but I have not been getting postcards from him. He actually sounds like a hard working regular sort of guy. He is probably inexperienced but sincere. 
In farming news, I planted more wheat today. I finished the worked ground and moved to the field which everyone can see from 99W. It was dark when I started. I planted 12 acres with GPS and a foam marker that worked part of the time. This will be interesting as I do not have a $6,000 GPS. There may be gaps. I calculated the amount of seed needed incorrectly so I ran out with 17 acres left to do. I may be rained out tomorrow but if I would have had the seed to keep planting it would not have been a pretty sight when the rows started to show...

2 comments:

  1. I was a fifth-generation republican until the party thought McCain was the best they could forward against Obama. I grudgingly voted for that rascal, McCain, as the lesser of two great evils, and then reregistered as having no party affiliation.

    By the same token, as a Christian, I've also decided that I can't vote for any candidate that belongs to a party that actively promotes sodomy and murdering the unborn. That leaves me with republicans and third parties, so, for the first time in years, I'll be voting a straight republican ticket this fall, since the third parties don't stand a snowball's chance in my state. Ironic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early 20's Orin was an enthusiastic Republican.

    Early 30's Orin is a cynical Republican who votes for the lesser of two evils.

    I'm not sure what's ahead. Can I possibly become more cynical?

    DeFazio Update: DeFazio has had this commercial for awhile now that shows him driving around in one of his old '60's cars...making him out to be a "common man". Robinson's campaign has taken footage of that ad and photo-shopped Nancy Pelosi in the passenger seat! I can't remember what all she says but the thing that sticks in my mind is that she keeps repeating "Turn left! Turn left!" I was nearly rolling on the floor the first time I saw it. Hey, at least this so-called election is entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!