The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My favorite Everly Brothers Song

It goes with the soundtrack currently playing in my head.

The problem with life is you only have one story, or rather one narrative. You can read about other people's stories, see them though film, see made up stories, you can live those stories for two hours or read a  book and drift off for a week. But in the end it is your story you write and that is the reel playing in your head when you are sitting in the wheel chair at the rest home wearing a Depends and sipping jello.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I knew the Everley bros. but this is a new one to me. Budde, you are lucky if your life is a story worth telling. Mine would barely make a comic book or a dust jacket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm strange, but it seems that it's the average man's tale that's often the most interesting to me, Budd.

    I suspect that you're more boring to yourself than to others, Ralph.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!