The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, March 12, 2010

I love Monsanto! In kind of a perverse manner-I kind of hate them also but, now I'm confused

I got this email from Willie Nelson today. Well not really Willie Nelson-it came from FarmAid but I like to think it is Willie Nelson because of this really rude joke about Elvis and a tatoo, which I cannot explain here...

Did you know that just one company, Monsanto, controls more than 90% of the soybeans grown in the United States? And that they also control more than 80% of U.S. corn?

"This extreme concentration of power is not unique to corn and soy. And it’s a big problem — not just for family farmers struggling to compete. Standing between you and the family farmer are a handful of corporations who control our entire food system from seed to plate."

Ah, thank you Monsanto! Non GMO crops are fetching a premium! Monsanto, you are helping me sell animal feed! Thank you factory farm operations that produce a crappy product, you are keeping folks like me in business!
Please, no one tell FarmAid this. We want consumers to hate Monsanto and factory farms, well, just enough to pay extra for our products but not enough to stop buying from Monsanto completely!
Oh, yes I know this is selfish of me! and yes I do see Willie's point.
Grow Medicinal Chronic! The wave of the future!
n forever.”

Bob Marley says:
“Excuse me while I light my spliff good God I gotta take a lift”
"The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall.”
"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow. "
 "When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself. ""The authorities tell you that you mustn’t smoke herb because it’s bad for you. Yet if they catch you at it they’ll carry you off to prison. I think it’s better to be smoking herb out here free than being in prison"
And finally:
 "I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car"

Followed by: "I drive a jeep. An old jeep, so nobody will say I’m driving a BMW anymore. I couldn’t stand that BMW, ha ha ha! BMW make pure trouble!"

And Willie says,
"I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong? "
And then there was that quote about, "I'd say that right now my ass is higher than any of you..." or something like that to Chris Kristoferson and Billy Joe Shaver in a discussion of height...

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. A few years ago, the seed companies in America were pretending to do great good in parts of Asia and the Middle East during famines there by sending seed to plant. UNFORTUNATELY, nearly all the seed was hybrid or genetically altered stuff, so they couldn't save their own seed, but had to BUY new seed once the free stuff ran out. In the meanwhile, they were neglecting their traditional crops that were better suited for their part of the world. A line from "The Homecoming" goes "I guess nobody ever gave away anything worth having".

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also patented native seeds with is basically stealing and that another reason why people hate them and us also...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!