The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I just need a couple Apps not in the App Store

My iPhone kind of amazes me.
It could be really useful but it just never really does what I want it to do.
I suspect that the people who design smartphones have never done anything productive in their short lives. I suspect that because there are five million stupid games at the App Store but only one app remotely related to feed ration formulation. Or an invoicing program that is not impossible to use or missing important functions.
AND, why can you butt-dial everyone in your address book randomly but you CAN'T answer the phone with gloves on.
Yesterday I was attempting to make pig feed. I had four ingredients. I have a rough idea of the weights and percentages. All I needed to do was to enter the weights and percent protein and get then figure a round percentage of total protein. I didn't need DM or anything complicated.
I used a new App for invoicing called Invoice Asap to calculate the price per ton. I figured out that you could put percent protein into the price per unit it would figure total lbs protein and total lbs and then do the total percent but that was a big awkward.
I think I will discuss Invoice ASAP in the future as it is free and easier/more useful than the $10 app Invoice Manager.
A SIMPLE feed ration app would not be hard to make, you could do it with a spread sheet in the numbers app, if you were not mentally impaired like myself.
Apparently the "land grant" Universities and their accompanying extension services don't really do anything useful anymore. We really do need more promotions for hazelnuts and wine and organic kale.
I think I'm going to have to take a class in Excell before our Dear Leader makes community college free for morons and classes are taught by diploma mill bozos and over-run with dumb-asses.
I HAVE SPOKEN

3 comments:

  1. Shame I threw away my old Excel textbook: I could have sent it to you. Maybe you can get one of those "for dummies" books, if you don't mind being insulted by the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I will ever own a "smart phone". I waste far too much time on the internet as it is. If I carried it in my pocket all day I might not get anything productive done at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save your money. Use good apps.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!