The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, May 25, 2013

I laugh at Ralph Goff and his puny feed operation!

I have completely out paced Ralph in the sheer dangerousness and noise of my feed operation. I feel quite proud of myself! Him and his puny Cockshutt! (oh but it sound so nice, just putt, putting along)
I have an 806 International WITH A TURBO! A huge old New Holland mixer/grinder, a Mercury-Pettibone Forklift of indeterminate age that is powered by a three-cylinder Detroit diesel and I think I have finally found something more dangerous than an open flatbelt.
I had the shop put a bin bottom with a door in the bottom of an old fertilizer bin. I set this on my home built scales. I then dump in my exclusive feed conglomeration, (only what the customer orders as I am not a feed company, just a custom grinding company) and then, I pick the bin up with the forklift and suspend it over the hammer mill.
I have a collection of old fertilizer spouts that I found along the roadside or stole from Wilco and once I open the door in the bottom of the bin, it all self feeds!
Now I just need to get a set of gauges on the IH, and fix the front main seal so it doesn't dump oil everywhere and fix the hydraulic oil leak, and the water leak, and the dent in the hood and rewire it and, and, and...
Look at that black smoke! Every day is Earth Day for farmers!
(Note to safety inspectors, I have NO employees and I'm exempt from inspection. Furthermore, Nothing is unshielded and I am not standing under the fertilizer box.)

5 comments:

  1. I don't see the 100y/o cedar fence post that should be propped under the forklift in case it drops down while you are working under it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive conglomeration of equipment you have there and it does make my antique setup look pretty simple. And hey, I got mentioned on the lazy farmer blog.:-)And speaking of safety, well I am not the one to comment on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph, I was grinding feed the other day and the sheer volume of noise and dripping oil and vibration was amazing. I kept thinking about your video with the Cockshutt just purring along.
      You have such a nice and neat setup.
      I had a lot more fun when I had the MM Z hooked to the flatbelt. This is too much like work.

      Delete
  3. It is nice to know that you I have a collection of old fertilizer spouts that I found along the roadside or stole from Wilco and once I open the door in the bottom of the bin, it all self feeds!

    Regards,
    Barker Marine
    Hydraulic Cylinder Seal kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cockshutts purrrrrr........

    JD goes putt putt putt

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!