The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ideas for projects

So I got this Ford Ranger 4wd pickup. Have been thinking of things to use it for. I found this hydraulic pump with an electric clutch that is set up for a serpentine belt.
But it cost $500 and I will NEVER actually get it installed.
I want to add hydraulics to the pickup as I've been given a sprayer which will fit in the back of the pickup. I could put a hydraulic powered centrifugal pump (like I have to run the fertilizer on the grain drill) and have a sprayer I could spray thistles at Muddy Valley.
AND, I could power the Allen v-rake which is hydraulic powered. It would free up a tractor.
But of course it won't get done. To many other jobs to do.
I think I need a better helper.

2 comments:

  1. I have an aircraft hydraulic pump. Why not mate an electric clutch from an automobile AC compressor to it. Same thing only cheaper. Free if you can find a clutch behind the barn in something hiding in the weeds. Does it have to have a serpentine pulley? Of course it's still another project. And the truck will probably get stuck & have to be pulled out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of projects like that. Most are collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!