The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The sun came out and I'm not ready...

I have a planting job. 35 acres half-way to heck and back... Beautiful area. Not sure what farm in the area I'm planting but this one is for sale. I may have planted the field that you can see through the gate. I did about 300 acres in this area last year. To get there involves a long painful journey on HWY 18, a trip through Sheridan which involves a very narrow bridge. Not sure it is really worth it. The drill is 15 foot wide. Have a hard time saying "no" to this fellow. The hardest working man I have ever met.
So, I'm getting the drill ready to plant fescue. Have to plug off two rows, leave one open. Planting on 23" rows with fertilizer. So I have to plug off the fertilizer as well.
Have instead been helping a fellow from Antique Powerland who wants to borrow a MM U for some plowing demonstrations, and shooting rats in the barn. I am such a wastrel...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!