The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, February 9, 2015

What is better than having a forklift on your farm?

Having two forklifts on your farm!

I had no way to lift of the back of the Mercury-Pettibone. It is too low to the ground for a bottle jack and the Harbor Freight floor jack just won't do it.
So I used the Other forklift to lift the back end of the Mercury-Pettibone and put it on blocks.
As you may recall, I had to replace a ball joint tie rod end.
I discovered that the thrust bearing on the kingpin failed. This helped contribute to the tie rod failure. I fixed it by using a bolt together spacer collar and a lot of grease. I have no idea how long this will last. I will add kingpins for the forklift to the long list of repair projects.
"Triage," is what it could be called at this point...

To Do List:

-Rebuild 2-135 engine
-Fix a/c and various oil leaks on G1355, paint if I have time
-Replace auger bearing in mixer/grinder
-Fix massive oil leak on 806 IH, put gauges and wiring harness together, change oil, change clutch, fix loader.
-New clutch in NH 1085 stacker, replace third member in Rear end, rebuild main hydraulic valves and lift cylinders, rebuild brakes.
-Rebuild FWA on 2-155 number 2
-Find a combine, buy it...
-Rebuild sprayer
-Stand the fallen grain bin back up
-Put hoist under Ford L8000
-Tear down old barn
-Sell hay
-Take a nap...

I think I will start at the bottom of the list...

2 comments:

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!