The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday in Florida

We are at Ft. Meyers
It is a beautiful city. We were stuck in traffic on I-75 and it took us six hours instead of two hours. We took a detour on 41 but it was like driving on 99 from Portland to Amity like 15 times in a row.
We most likely will go to Sanibel Island tomorrow. Then back to St. Pete
Wanted to see Thomas Edison Museum. Not sure if we will.
I've been a bit under the weather. Ribs are sore from coughing. Spent most of the day in bed. Can't believe I'm sick in Florida.
Hotel cafe was not so great and really expensive so wife bought some BBQ briquets and we had BBQ steaks for supper.
I can't believe how expensive everything has become.
Daughter seems to be having a good time..

Drove across a famous bridge. It was quite beautiful. MuddyValley knows more about it.


Sort of weird to celebrate Christmas in the tropics.

I think I will now go cough myself to sleep.


9 comments:

  1. Bummer; hope you get to feeling better. I read recently that putting VICKS on the soles of your feet before bedtime, and then putting on socks will stop coughing. They have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer; hope you get to feeling better. I read recently that putting VICKS on the soles of your feet before bedtime, and then putting on socks will stop coughing. They have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer; hope you get to feeling better. I read recently that putting VICKS on the soles of your feet before bedtime, and then putting on socks will stop coughing. They have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always the cure Walt Kelly suggests: Put your head in a bucket of water three times and pull it out twice.
    Or was it four & three. I forget. I would do this only if you are very thirsty.
    PS: Don't drive anywhere during rush hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PPS: I have a balance identical to the one on T.Edison's desk.
    Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! hope you feel better. great pix. have you gone back to waffle house?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grew up in N. Ft. Myers. Beautiful area. Prices were cheaper before all the tourists started moving in. Edison home tour will take you back to a slower time. St. Pete beaches are more touristy.
    Hope your vacation goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobby, nice to hear from you again. I came down to Florida to work for a farmer after going to school in Ohio. I was so getting a little claustrophobic from subzero temps and snow and certain attitudes of midwesterners (nothing personal to any of my readers-they are all exceptions) and my experience in Florida in the 1980's was like hanging out with with friends and nice relatives. I was polite and everyone was polite back. Plus they talked correctly. My Grandma said "yella" and that is how you say it.
      I probably should have stayed for a couple years.

      Delete
  8. Hope you whup what's ailing you before you run out of vacation. Down there it's not even useful for putting off fixing broken stuff in mud and freezing drizzle.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!