The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, December 13, 2013

Coldness, rain, feed making, nothing much to see here

Yesterday we had freezing fog and then freezing rain and then regular rain and I broke my forklift.


I'm making feed in the worst weather. I somehow ended up at the last minute doing the worst job.
The ball joint end pulled out of the shaft of the hydraulic steering cylinder on the forklift and pretty much messed up the shaft. Someone should have either put a locknut on it or used red loctite which we buy by the jumbo sized container and then over apply when not needed. This will be a fun repair in the mud...

Have a nice day...


4 comments:

  1. Well since blogger won't let me click the "interesting" button I will just have to say it out loud. Hoarfrost does make for some nice photo ops, but fixing broken machinery kind of takes the fun out of it. Kind of like trying to replace a twisted off pipe nipple on the hydrant when the cattle are thirsty and it is -20F with a wind. That was a pretty quick (if temporary) fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spider web reminded me of something. I watched a spider taking a walk on crusted snow the other day. I had to wonder how far he'd make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spider web reminded me of something. I watched a spider taking a walk on crusted snow the other day. I had to wonder how far he'd make it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!