The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I attempt to put the s-155 FWA back together

I have one side of the FWA on the White installed.
The seal is a problem.
The seal cost $350.
It is rather complicated to explain how it works but there are two surfaces that need to pressed in. There is an outer seal and an inner seal. They are connected with a rubber cover. It is very difficult to drive the seal in.

My brother made a seal driver.
I think I damaged the seal. I could not get it to drive in straight. Then I don't think I got the second sealing surface to mate up. I may have cut the outside boot. I won't know until the FWA leaks oil on a hillside. I am not taking the seal on the other side out if I don't have too.
Replacing the upper and lower kingpin bushings is not as difficult as I thought. If you don't take everything else apart as well.
My cousin pointed out that our local deal is advertising for a mechanic in the High Plains Journal. I'm thinking my extensive history of damaging White and Minneapolis-Moline tractors will not really help on my resume.

1 comment:

  1. You have my sympathy. My tractor only has a few dozen horses in it and they are easy to drive.
    I hope your seal recovers. PETA might hear about it. I would add something about seals mating but I won't.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!