The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cash for my Clunker

I was at a relative's house Sunday and they were talking about taking advantage of the cash for clunker's program. It was suggested that I look into it.
I think it is basically the vehicle can't be older than 1984 and you have had to have insurance and registration on it for a year.
(Kind of funny the logo on the NPR program talking about the program features a 1978 for truck, which would not qualify)
So, I could buy a stripped down Ranger pickup for $10,000. I could trade in my 1984 service truck, which is in pretty rough shape, for $4500. I would have a new, fuel efficient truck for $6,000, with low interest and low payments.
It would be a good idea in advance of the coming inflation as the economy collapses from unbridled government spending. I would be paying for it with worthless dollars so my payments would be lower.
I could state my feelings towards Obama buying GM by not buying a GM product.
But, I would have payments. I don't want payments for a vehicle. If I have payments I want payments for property.... Think I may pass on this one.
Especially when I think about the fact that this $4500 is really my money that I will be paying in taxes over my future life. So, it is really double payments-I'm just paying uncle sam instead of the bank...

2 comments:

  1. Go for it David. I think it is the dumbest thing to ever come down the pike but I might do it myself. Dakota getting tired. So am I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I just can't see making a payment on something that doesn't bring in any money. Think I'd rather save my money for my own farm or FWA 2-135.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!