The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Some random video from farming that doesn't show corn or a view from a drone

Here is a video of straw baling operation. Daughter is running the double rake, little helper is baling, I'm out standing in the field...




Yesterday was a continuation of my harrowing experiences. (get it, harrowing?) The tractor kept running hot. I would have to park in the shade at the end of the field and let it cool down. I blew out the radiator several times. I went slower. Then I sort of went to sleep. After dark it ran cool. I know the radiator is not plugged but yet it acts that way. It was 90 degrees or so.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Dust in the field. Something I have not seen in a while. Thanks to climate change I can only try to remember what 90 degrees used to feel like. Frost predicted for us next week. Think I will stick to working on old cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day soon it will rain. And then it will be mud and drizzle for nine months. But we have also had differences in climate so who knows what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be the thermostat because that got pulled years ago.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just turn off the A/C. Works every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nap under the oak trees worked really well also...
      I'm going back to no-till!

      Delete
    2. Did you test it in boiling water? I once had a new one that was no good. Pulled it & put in in a pot on the stove & sure enough it wouldn't open.

      Delete
  5. If you have a cab heater, turning that on high with full fan will increase effective radiator capacity by x% as well as lessen any temptation to spend money on a sauna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, parking under the oak tree at the end of the field with the a/c on full blast is also a good alternative.

      Delete
    2. 19th century practice of resting the horse at the end of the row. 21st century calendar, 20th century horse.

      Delete
    3. 21st century, solar power refrigerator and a lazy-boy recliner! AND a remote control tractor. That would be the life!

      Delete
  6. That could sure put the zzzz's in lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!