The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, July 16, 2012

I go to work

I am setting at the kitchen table eating Yogurt. Next I think I will have a banana. I tried a boiled egg for breakfast earlier this morning but I don't think I will have another.
I am writing this as I am sure everyone on the internet would like to know about my personal life in great detail.
It is taking a great force of will power to get me out the door.
I am scheduled to pick up 1,100 light three-tie bales of certified weed-free orchard grass hay. So, I have spent the morning blowing off and washing the stacker. I then attempted to weld a leaking hydraulic oil line. I failed. My brother came to my aid and made me a replacement out of hydraulic hose and an adapter to go from weird New Holland hydraulic fittings to normal hydraulic line.
I called the fellow who I was going to help bale. He was supposed to use my baler Sat. and Sun. to bale a field which I quit doing last year because it was so rough and the people were unhappy with me. I refused to stack it for him in small 2-tie bales as they bounce out of the load on a rough field.
He did not get my baler.
Today is cloudy.
I will have 80 acres of my own personal hay down by this evening.
There is a 30 percent chance of rain.
Of course there is also a 70 percent chance of non rain.
If the sun would come out we could bale 15 acres today and 40 acres tomorrow.
After the the orchard grass I have some 2,000 light 2-tie bales to do for another neighbor. His partner was supposed to stack them Sunday with our stacker. I'm not very thrilled about loaning the stacker but that didn't matter because the guy didn't show up.
Of course this means I'm going to attempt to do 3,000 plus crappy bales today. On a good day with good bales I can pick up 56 bales in 6-8 minutes, on a bad day with bad bales it drops to 56 bales in 20 minutes.
When I feel poorly I tend to communicate better.
This is not always a good thing.
I suppose my cell phone has charged by now and I shall go to work.
Have a nice day...

4 comments:

  1. Mechanical bailers. What'll y'all farmers think of next.
    I've got to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all feel better now.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!