The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A $1000 Hammer

For want of a nail the shoe was lost...
I've been stacking for my neighbor who broke her foot. The fields are pretty huge and the bales are good. I'm picking up loads of 56 bales and dumping in 8 minutes. I did 59 stacks/blocks yesterday. Plus, I took off for an hour and fixed another farmer's air conditioner.
My goal was 75 blocks but the pickup chain kept jamming up and I had no hammer. Someone robbed the hammer out of the stacker tool kit.
I had six rounds left in the field when I quit and went home.
It was after dark and I was listening to Ground Zero but I'm not sure of the time.
This morning my neighbor texted me and said she could handle the rest and I could do my other jobs. I don't want to do my other jobs. They are crappy jobs. I want to pick up bales in a big field. Plus, I already stacked all the hills in the field and it is just starting to go really good.
Back to crappy bales and crappy fields and people who think they are your only customer and they think they are heroes for giving you crappy fields to stack for the past five years...
Not so sound ungrateful...

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your daughter's a smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Corvette still for sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew has a Corvette he'll sell you cheap. It runs.

      Delete
    2. Remember, my real name is Donnie and I'll give you a special deal if you call me up and say, "I hear your selling your Obama-Vette so you can buy a RICE BURNER," I speak very softly so hold the phone really close to your ear.

      Delete
  3. For inside the toolbox lid, a full on photo of a snarling canine visage with caption
    'Stanley Sez...Put it Back!'

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!