The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My profane neighbor

I was listening to the radio the other day in the stacker. It is one of those modern digital silly radios. Radios should have two knobs. It doesn't matter what the display says as half the time I'm bouncing around too much in a stacker to see it anyway. They should have good AM so I can get the odd ball stations bouncing off sunspots in the middle of the night. There is nothing in the world like the sound of Hank Williams coming out of a tinny AM speaker for a thousand miles away. It is like that song has been trapped in the airwaves for 40 years and it is finally getting out.
This radio has funny little buttons and it is mounted in such a way that you can't read the buttons so I have no idea what I'm doing and I just keep punching buttons till I get a station I like.
I was going to go off on a rant about the Bob Seger song I heard but I just remembered the funny guy I saw out at the shop yesterday.
There is this neighbor who is pretty loud. He is a short stocky guy and he yells all the time. He yells and swears, this doesn't mean he is mad, he yells and swears when he is happy. Since he uses the same swear words, happy or sad, you kind of half to give him some time to figure out what his emotional state is.
He actually annoyed Uncle Harold to the point that Uncle Harold went home early day before yesterday. Not sure why he was back yesterday. The girl who drives truck for the neighbor was telling how her brother and him got in a fight. It didn't turn out so well for the little short agressive guy as the brother is 6ft and a burley logger.
Profane guy is a logger. I think he runs heavy equipment like the cat or the yarder.
He was ranting about Ford vs. Chevy and how GM makes the best cars. He had another fellow we know cornered in the parking lot. The fellows Chevy pickup wouldn't start as the battery cable was loose. I hollered out the window-"That's what you get for driving an Obama-mobile Wally."
Profane guy launched into a rant, "You don't know nothin' kid. I've driven more GM trucks than you've ever seen."
I upped the ante a bit. "How come you let the government buy your company. The next new model will be called the Commie-mobile."
The profanity was unbelievable. I think that might be why it started to rain.
We did have kind of an interesting converstation. We discussed GM quality control and how they for years, had to worry about being a monopoly and how dividing up the company and separating the workers from directly being involved with the success and quality of the car hurt the company.
Then he went off on "Japs" I don't think he was old enough for WWII but he had strong opinions. Apparently he will not buy a new Toyota.
He said how angry he was to find out he engine in his Michigan yarder was a "Cummings" (spelled like he said it) that was made in Japan. I didn't question him on that one as I really wanted to get back to work. We were setting in the Ford pickup we were going to move home a baler. Just standing next to a Ford seemed to get him worked up. Walley drove off laughing to himself.
Profane guy drove off in his mid 1980's corvette. He did a little bit of a burnie to show us what his GM could do.
Mid 80's corvettes are secretary cars. It should have had a little palm tree on the license plate. The little banty rooster was driving a girl car. Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!