The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dad gets an operation and the elderly lady at the desk is a bigot!

Tuesday I took my father to the hospital for a little bit of surgery. He was having quite a bit of pain-that was solved by a procedure usually done quite early in life. I now know why...
Let's just say that no one can call him an uncircumcised Philistine any more...
I was waiting for him in the day surgery waiting room when I saw an example of what is considered racism in American today. I know it confirms several stereotypes which I have...about people who dress a certain way and have a certain attitude and, and, I think Gordon Brown would say something about me that would have a lot more truth to it than when he spoke about his staunch labor party supporter. (Bite the hand that feeds you, much?)
But, I digress...
The lady at the desk was a senior citizen. I don't know if she was a volunteer or just one of those poorly paid elderly people big companies hire for next to nothing cause they grew up on .50 cents a week during the depression and they can be easily taken advantage of. She rain a tight ship let me tell you! When you walked though the door she wanted to know who you were waiting for and who their doctor was. I made some meaningless small talk and found a way to compliment her. I said something about how hard it must be to keep track of all those people or something. She actually smiled at that. I went back to the car to get my book and when I came back in she had forgotten who I was. I again complimented her and told her I forgot people names as well. She actually chit-chatted with me for a few moments before another person wandered in and she demanded name and doctor info from them.
I was setting reading my book when there was a bit of a commotion. A very dark-skinned hispanic fellow came in and he mumbled his information. She spoke louder, being hard of hearing. Again he mumbled his answer. Sounding somewhat frustrated she said, "sir, do you speak English?"
This upset several fat white chicks including the one sitting near me who turned out to be the fellows girlfriend or wife or something. He came back and set near me making comments about being asked if he spoke English.
I wanted to point out that if he would have just spoke loudly and clearly so the lady could hear him and not thought he was Cesar  freakin' Chavez. (who I am sure spoke loudly and clearly around deaf people) the lady would not have asked him if he spoke English. I am sure the lady deals with a lot of non-english speaking people every day and so why was it rude of her to ask? But, being a brown-skinned person with a fat white chick obviously trumps being old and deaf so once again we are faced with the triumph of the UNDENIABLE VIRTUE OF THE OPPRESSED!
I didn't say anything as I think his reward for being a dumbass is to be with a grumpy fat white chick with too many kids. That should be hell enough for anyone. Plus, I was afraid I'd get punched by a fat white chick. I've seen them on daytime TV. The scare me...
I was nice to the grumpy lady and got special treatment. She went and checked on my father for me when he was in recovery, and proclaimed loudly that he was just the sweetest little old man and he was soooo cute. I could have been offended by that remark. Of course there would be some shrinkage if there was a sharp knife nearby, and who said she could take a peek. That was an embarrassing and painful operation. The nurses did take extra good care of him however!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, there WAS a bigot in the room, but it WASN'T the little old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many stupid people in this world...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!