The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, June 10, 2011

I overslept

I am not a real farmer. Real farmers are all at work by 7 a.m. They never have dreams that a huge magnet will descend from heaven and pick up every chunk of old scrap metal on the farm followed by a little check slowly floating down and then I spend the rest of the dream trying to catch the check...
Cause real farmers don't have the piles of scrap metal interesting old farm equipment sitting around for the magnet to pick up.
The question is, it is a nightmare or a happy dream. I don't know!
I see my employee has arrived and is setting in his car. Usually he goes to the store and has coffee with Dad and Uncle if I'm not around. They have not been getting to work as early. They are probably going to fall over dead any day. Hopefully someone besides me will find them.
The neighbor told my employee when he was weighing a load of silage that we had not paid our "scale fees" for three years but not to get me upset. I guess someone forgot. I don't see how we could forget when the neighbor has three gigantic straw sheds blocking our view and so we think about the wonderful fellow every day, first thing in the morning. Which does not excuse not giving him some random amount of cash once a year but, I'm just saying...
I think Ed Winkle was talking about being grumpy over at Highmark High Spots...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!