The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, December 18, 2016

I am not a mechanic

My wife had been complaining about the brakes on her pickup making noise.
I don't hear it.
I just gave up and pulled the rear wheels.
A wheel cylinder had failed.
This is not a difficult task. It is a 1998 Ford F150 and has brake shoes in the back and disks in the front'
We went to church this morning. There was a nice Christmas program. The daughter sang in the choir.
I am rather disappointed that there was not a brown paper bag full of unshelled peanuts, Christmas Candy, (with a couple chocolate dollars) and an Orange. A Christmas program is not complete without the brown paper bag of Christmas treats.
But, I digress...
After a sumptuous Sunday dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn I staggered out to work on the pickup.
It is kind of sad when there is so much crap in both shops that it was easier to do the brakes in the driveway in the snow.
It took me all afternoon and I only did one wheel.

I couldn't get the emergency brake mechanism to go together right. There is one little tab that was in the wrong spot.
And then, I didn't realize it was out of brake fluid and when I went to bleed the brakes I got air in the lines. It was dark and i was suffering from frustration.
That is what I get for working on Sunday.
In other news...
We went on vacation to San Diego.
It was nice.

Should have saved a little bit of money to fix the brakes on the pickup.
Perhaps I'll post more of my adventures.
I think I'll go read a book.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I try to live with the problem until I can afford to pay someone else to fix it. (That and the fact that I don't fit under a vehicle anymore.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife is hearing noises too. She has had three or four mechanics she trusts tell her they can't find anything wrong. She still knows something is wrong. In time I am sure it will be. At least you were able to find the problem.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!