The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, October 29, 2012

HMS Bounty finally sinks, victim of storm which was no doubt caused by George Bush! Or Obama- depending on your perspective...

I think they were trying to outrun the storm...
There are two missing crew. I think one of them was Fletcher Christian?
Probably headed back to Pitcarn Island.
I attempted to view the Bounty website but it would seem their server went down with the ship.
All part of Obama's Libya cover-up I imagine. Although, if there would have been a gay US ambassador on board, and crazy homophobic Middle Easterners involved, I'm sure the Coast Guard would have been ordered to stand down. Of course then it would have been up to these guys to rescue them...
Wow! I can really get off topic!
Update:
Questions to ask...
1. It is a sailing ship...how do you run out of power?
(obviously it has an auxiliary engine which is kind of cheating in my opinion, unless it was a Buda diesel.)
2. How do you sail with a 17 member crew?
3. What the heck were they doing in the path of hurricane Sandy? They must have modern radio and weather equipment!
4. Where is Horatio Hornblower, cause he would have had this completely under control. Well, there might have been a cliff-hanger two part installment and I'd have to dig through that box of 40 year old Saturday Evening Posts another five times to find the ending but I know he would not have lost his ship!
5. Am I the only person who did not understand the 80's song, "Sister Christian," until I saw a lyric sheet and discovered it was not titled "Fletcher Christian," and it had nothing to do with the HMS Sutherland?

2 comments:

  1. The Bounty:
    I think that they wanted to save the ship, which is easier at sea than in port. That's why all the cruise ships pulled out. They probably thought (hoped) they could get through the storm before it got at it's strongest.
    Sister Christian? I don't understand it even after reading the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the song says,
    Fletcher Christian and Captain Queeg/lost their bearings in a hurricane/That was started by the HARP pro-gram/ Just to cover up Obama's failure to rescue Ambassador Stevens and the former Navy Seals/And I think it is the end of the world/and we should all run away to Tahiti/except it is over-run by Moslems/so we should all just drink Captain Morgan and...um that is all I could understand.
    Wonder if it could be set to banjo music, I hear banjo music all the time it seems.
    The soundtrack of my life...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!