The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What my wife dug out of the trash at school and gave me for my early birthday present

What do I do with an oscilloscope? Specifically a 20MHz Dual Trace, Speco Model FS-4820 with no leads?
It does look pretty cool...
She assumes I know how to use it as sometimes she deludes herself with an inflated estimate of my grasp of the arcane.


On another subject.
Should I buy the correct hydraulic flow control to run the fertilizer pump on my grain drill for $900 from micro-trak.
Or should I build one using a electric linear actuator and a $50 manual flow control valve, some scrap aluminum, and some helm joints/ball rod ends that I am sure MuddyValley has in his box of spare airplane parts?

5 comments:

  1. Got a whole box of different sizes. Feel free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I feel I know the answer to this one already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the $900 unit. It is probably environmentally friendly and it might work on your birthday present. It also might come with a coupon for a government subsidy.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the Tectronic(sp) unit that we used to teach in Tech School. Any BNC type lead should work. You can check all sorts of things with these units. You should be able to find instructions online.
    Awaiting further reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the Tectronic(sp) unit that we used to teach in Tech School. Any BNC type lead should work. You can check all sorts of things with these units. You should be able to find instructions online.
    Awaiting further reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!