The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, September 14, 2012

A warm September

This continuing trend of hot weather makes me nervous.
Nervous for a couple reasons.
First of all, there is the average weather. It seems if you have a high, you have a low. This spring it rained up till the day it quit. It has not rained since. I suspect it will be dry up to the day it starts to rain and then it will rain though December.
Second, everyone is working ground. I will get few no-till jobs if everyone has time to get all their wheat planted before it rains.
An early rain which provides a good sprout and makes everyone nervous is good for my business.
Otherwise, I just don't like 90 degree weather this time of year. All the old air conditioners in the tractors start to fail this time of year. Which makes me so thankful that R-12 is no longer available. I'm sure we are all more sustainable because of those earth saving regulations.

3 comments:

  1. An early rain will make all the wild blackberries soggy & this is a very good year for nice big ones. If I have to put up with trying to deal with them, I at least want to be able to get enough for those pies & jams my lovely wife makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You jinxed me! The Sanden pump on the Steiger gave up at about 5 tonight. I know what I'm doing tomorrow. And curses to the engineer that designed that mount for the A6 compressor in a MF combine, with the charge ports on the bottom so that you can only reach them if you smash yourself down in between the bin wall and the motor!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!