The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The biggest 60 acre field of my life...Balehenge has been hauled away!

I could go into detail but shall we say, problems occurred, weather happened, tires went flat, the field is done, only 20 acres to go...
 7.5 semi-loads of hay, 3,780 bales, 415,800lbs, 207 tonnes, $3000 to get it hauled away...
There were two flat tires. Had to use the non-air conditioned tractor on the baler for the last ten acres, but my helper is a trouper!

Shopping for tires. $1200 each? They didn't give us a price on Saturday.
I think this tire was new enough I will not have to buy the new one. It was defective.
Muddy Valley invited me in for coffee and a very delicious chocolate cake, which had fresh-from-the-tree cherries cooked into it by the lovely and gracious Mrs. MuddyValley. I told my helper Muddy was probably going to raise my rent or force me to drink Scotch. I said nary a word about chocolate cake. It is always best not to lord it over the help.

4 comments:

  1. So, no Moon Over Balehenge on the August page in 2013 edition of your fundraiser calendar? Big seller, right up with Don't Farm Naked t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snip "I said nary a word about chocolate cake. It is always best not to lord it over the help." unsnip

    HiDeHo Good Neighbor, Instead "lord it over" the rest of us. Gotta laugh at that one.
    Just stopped by for some coffee, and couldn't help but to get in another comment.
    Shouldn't get an offensive out of this one.
    Nice pictures.
    Sorry for the tire. RIP Tire.
    Gonna have to get me some of those t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were they Goodyears? I hear so much talk about how the new Goodyears are not so good. They I look at the 6500 hour and 20 year old Goodyears on my Magnum tractor and the 24 year old Goodyears on my combine and think that Goodyear used to know how to make a tire that lasted. But then I guess things that last are not good for the economy. Got to keep that money moving buying stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Muddy Valley says that every time she drives by & sees that poor tractor, she is reminded of the movie Cars & Tow-Mater going tractor tipping.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!