The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I fix the sink

For those of you who have been waiting anxiously for news of my under the sink hot water heater, I have hooked it up.
This resulted in a medium sized flood to begin with but all is well at this point.
The new sink and faucet looks good but the water pressure is pretty bad. The 3/8 plastic lines really restrict the water flow.
My initial plan was to replace any lines with 1/2 and I do have the copper fittings to do so. However, my plumber thought the smaller lines would be fine. If I were ambitious I would all the lines. But, I'm not. Instead I will just be vaguely unhappy when I use the sink.
Yesterday I put the water heater in line with the hot water line. I capped the extra valve fittings put the heater from the cold to the hot.
Actually, I first put it in line with the cold water line. This gave us a lot of hot water and no cold water. Then I actually installed it correctly...
There is such a long distance between the kitchen and the main hot water heater that the 2.5 gallon under the sink heater actually runs out of water before the hot water gets there... So you have hot water instantly, followed by cold water a minute later, followed by hot water, a minute after that.
Kind of funny.
In other news, neighbor helped me out of a pinch by making me a deal on some wheat for feed. He said that I had done favors for him and he would like to help me. That was very nice of him.
He is pretty depressed. I thought I was the only one.
It would seem that this weather has gotten everyone down.
They (the neighbor and son) have quite a bit of ground worked and now it is rained on and wet. They said they wished they had called me to no-till it instead.
I didn't pursue the comment as I suspect a cash flow problem and didn't really know how to say it, but I would have planted the field for them and they could have paid me when ever they had the money. It is not the people who tell you up front that they are low on money that rip you off! Plus, I'm sure they had a tank full of diesel that they could have filled me up with, so it would not have actually cost me money.

1 comment:

  1. Lazy Farmer 2, Domestic Hydraulics 1. But they are a wiley lot and this is only the third inning.

    I have never owned a house more than it owned me.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!