The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I figured out why my helper didn't show up yestereday!

It was 420 day!
The kid at the gas station made a joke about it being both Hitler's birthday and 4-20 day. It kind of caught me off guard. Did he think I was a Nazi or a Pothead? Are there Nazi potheads?
I pointed out that after a bowl no one really cared and he seemed to think that was funny.
My wife tells me I am the only person under age 60 who has never smoked a spliff. I suppose so.
I did buy a Peter Tosh cassette at Goodwill last week.
The girl at the deli pointed out that it was earth day on Sunday. I think 4-20 day and Earthday should be combined. You could make it a"joint" celebration.
I am really torn on how to celebrate Earthday this year. Do I burn a tire or recharge my airconditioning? I had couple old spray can containing Flouocarbons but they have all gone bad.
Perhaps I will just pee in a salmon bearing stream. Sort of a low key celebration this year.

6 comments:

  1. Not only have I never smoked the stuff but I had no idea what "420" meant, and I teach middle school. Either I am totally tuned out or it isn't as universal as the pot-heads think. Remember that smoking that stuff seems to do something to the mind.

    As for earth day, I celebrate it daily. We have waterless urinals at school so I always use the flushable toilet. I consider it almost a sacred duty.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumice, I grew up and live in Western Oregon. We have Portland, Eugene, Corvallis, and all of Northern California within an easy drive. There were lots of hippies living off the land back in the coast range mountains when I was a kid.
      I know five or six people who have medical cards allowing them to smoke for "health" reasons. So, I would say certain terminology is probably more well know here than in other places.
      Waterless urinals eh? Eventually we will all need pot cards just to deal with life. Or would a SOMA dispenser be better?

      Delete
  2. Funny, 4-20 only meant one thing to me. The anniversary of the Columbine shootings back in 99. I recall listening to it out in the tractor applying anhydrous,(Boy are we late this spring) . So it is also earth day? Interesting. And no Budde, you are not the only one under 60 who has never tried the stuff for medicinal or recreational purposes.
    I have to admit that the medicinal side of it is starting to look attractive though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of 4-20, and I DID share a few (very few) bowls in my youth, though I never bought it or sold it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to alta vista 4-20. Never heard of this before.
    And Earth day? Another ploy to encourage you to do someones bidding.
    Do we send cards and presents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smoked it in the past? Guilty as charged. There came a point when I realized being sober beats being stoned hands down. Probably why one occasional beer is now my limit. And I can even feel slightly hung over after that the next morning.
    If you feel the urge, I have a small pile of bare root Doug fir you can plant while I'm away.
    I just found out the dump here only charges $1.00 to toss an old tire and took the truck load of assorted solvents, chemicals and paint etc. for free. So Florida has some redeeming qualities. In Oregon it's $5.00 a tire & good luck with the chemicals.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!