The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pat Buchanan fired by MSNBC because he never covered a Dolly Parton song...

He should have sang Dolly Parton. It seems to do wonders for your career and even it you ruin your talents with drug abuse and an abusive husband, folks will still fly the flag at half-mast for you.
But, that is totally off the point of this post. This is a post about Pat Buchanan.
I like Pat. He says it like it is.
He says things that should make you think about history and popular culture. You don't have to agree with everything he says, in fact you could be highly offended, but it should make you think.
He has great quotes,
"Without a hearing, they smear and stigmatize as racist, homophobic, or anti-Semitic any who contradict what George Orwell once called their “smelly little orthodoxies.” They then demand that the heretic recant, grovel, apologize, and pledge to go forth and sin no more."  (Click to read his blog post)

I read the story of his termination at WebProNews. Two stories, click here and click here.

And now with the above quote from Pat Buchanan fresh in your mind read this story about the Reverend Jeremiah Wright.
I've been reading about him a little bit and don't agree with everything the man says but I have to say he makes some pretty good points and look how he was marginalized. There should have been a vigorous and spirited debate over his oft quoted sermon, but was there?
Politics is not about right and wrong or what is good for the USA. It is about power. That is all...
And now I am going to study my devotion for church. 
The lesson title is, "We are sinners by nature."
I don't care if I am clinging to an outdated belief system. After years of watching scientists change their mind and hearing clever folks make fun of me and suffering through societal de-evolution, I no longer care if you laugh, the brave new world of the 1960's is just that, the Brave New World of Huxley and Orwell.
Frankly, if you want to put me down for my backward belief system you can just go way back, and sit down, on tacks...
I have spoken

4 comments:

  1. I'd agree with you, politics, and pretty much everything else today seems to be about power and money. Sinners by nature? I guess so, and some more so than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money and power are in charge of this country (and most all of the others) of that there is no doubt. As far as sinners by nature? I used to think no. That it was brought about by our environment and cultural background. Now it seems, largely through the study of twins, that there is a strong genetic link. Nobody has the right to put you down on that account. Now about your playing the Ledge? This is someone who must spend a lot of time sitting on tacks. At least it sounds that way. Perhaps the old wives tale about influencing the future of a child somehow by what happens to the mother while carrying it before birth has a certain validity. Maybe the Ledge's mother was scared by coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weak part of your argument is where you talk about how things should "make you think." One reason I don't watch TV is because it tries to keep me from thinking. We want everything in short little sound bites. Which reminds me, I better keep this short or it won't be read.

    Grace and Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!