The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is there a competition for the most depressing country western song?

The Ballad of Carla Faye Tucker
Last words, "I love you all, Goodbye"
Very unflattering pants on the lady...
I would like to take this opportunity to state that I am opposed to the death penalty, as applied. I get the point of it. But the death penalty (as well as most other "punishment" by the state) is not a punishment for a crime. Rather it is an expression of the power of the government. Likewise a "guilty" verdict or a conviction does not mean you committed a crime it just means "the state" has decided you did it and proof of innocence does not have to change the "state's" decision. It guilt or innocence doesn't matter as the individual doesn't matter. All that matters is that there is an example shown of what will happen if you are convicted of committing this crime. We, with our pathetic need to believe in justice, tie the punishment in as proof of guilt of the aforementioned crime.
It is psychological warfare to subdue the populace, meaning you and I... Pretty clever ain't it?
That is why they shoot your dog when they come for you to send you in for a little re-education.
The crime is merely chosen from a check list of possible options. If you have a computer it can be images of the underage, if guns then an assault rifle, and now they have the terrorism laws.
Wow! I can't believe I just wrote that, I have got to stop listening to KBOO and Alex Jones. I am getting my paranoia all mixed up with conflicting ideology.
I have got to clear my head!
And so in honor of my latest subscriber who I am certain found me because of my fondness for the legendary stardust cowboy I give you...
If you make it though the video please click on her link. She has a very nice blog. But I think she is insane for moving to a Mountain top in Tennessee, the Greenest State in the Land of the Free. Recycling?
I am so off subject!
I checked by follower list and I was quite shocked to find another follower. There are now 40 subscribers which means one person de-subscribed, I suppose the aliens got him or her, or perhaps someone really hates the Ledge...
Click here to see the new follower's blog.
It appears she may live in Oregon. I don't know if I should try to sell her chicken and pick food or keep a low profile so no one finds out I am actually a pudgey 20 year-old in a rundown apartment in Portland with gender confusion issues...
I've got to go to work...
Have a nice day...

5 comments:

  1. I guess we'll disagree on the death penalty, but I don't think it should EVER be used based solely on cirmstantial evidence, since even HARD evidence can be manipulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she was rather awful although I think if the sound was cleaned up a little and I'd heard it through better speakers , maybe. I'd just come from Ed Winkle's blog reading about the terrible price increases coming for pretty well every form of energy we use and I guess I was already depressed from that. I think I will escape now into the fantasy world of "Family Guy" to lift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those pants, or paint? Ew.

    Yep, I live in OR. Can't remember how I found your blog, but you do crack me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably doing a search for Legendary Stardust Cowboy fan club

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your new follower's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!