The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, February 6, 2012

How hungry am i?

Two quick issues...
1. Got a call from a farmer 20 miles away on the wrong side of the capital city of our fine state. He wants me to no-till 40 acres of rolling hills, red dirt. Will pay me extra to transport.
Do I want to drive 20 miles and across the Willamette river on a crazy bridge and crazy traffic with a 16 foot drill? And tires that need replacing and that will cost me a total of $6,000 to replace? Keeping in mind that rolling hills and red dirt also probably means rocks.

2. The sometimes an employee showed up Friday. He got my pickup dirty, my four wheeler dirty, and filled up with gas. He said he hated to do little jobs but would be back Saturday. Have yet to see him.
Drove the pickup to jump start the neighbor's pickup and couldn't see out the window.
Neighbor gave me a bad of out of date bakery goods as payment. I would rather had him recite that poem about the flying goose.
But, I digress.
Oh, heck... don't even know what I was complaining about....
Have  nice day...

5 comments:

  1. Transport could also mean: Supply two trailers for the tractor & drill & transport to and from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your neighbor raise hogs? I would also be suspicious of out of date bakery goods from him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could use me a good donut about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muddy, I was going to offer to pay you to drive the tractor and drill down South Commercial St. as I can't find anyone who will haul it due to the width and the destination but it would still be hard on the tires. And you might want the payment in fence building... And no he does not raise hogs so I am not sure where all the surplus baked goods come from. Once I even got a ton of brown rice. He keeps this all top secret.

    Gorges, I suspect Muddy has been tapping the admiral again...

    Bobby, I could mail you a package of frosted donuts with raspberry filling. I'm pretty sure they have enough preservatives to last into the next century. I should check the date to see if they were made in the previous century however..

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!