The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Stormy Friday, as opposed to Stormy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...

I'm setting in my old Lazy Boy, (avocado green, salvaged from my uncle) listening to Al Green's "Precious Lord" album on LP. I just picked it up at GoodWill. It is in really good shape.
I have my Dynaco 120A Amp and Dynakit PAS-2 preamp and the vintage Dual 1019 and craigslist special Dynaco A-25 speakers. It could be 1965, except that Precious Lord was released in 1982 and I would not be all that old in 1965 and in 1982 I would not have been caught dead listening to Al Green.
Sometimes i wonder if the reason I am broke all the time is due to the lost productivity which results from me continually "flogging a dead horse."
LP records, tube amps, second rate 1960's technology, and beat up lazyboy recliners have got to be a pretty much a waste of time. Frankly the whole setup just does not sound all that good. Plus, I've got so much crap stuffed in the "den" that my wife won't let me bring anyone in to listen to my vintage tunes anyway. She really does make a good point...
Anyway, a real farmer would be researching soil mycrozial functions and pouring over soil tests. Heck a real farmer would have moved his dead truck off the river bottom before water flowed though the cab. Well it is dead... Sure as heck won't catch on fire this evening...
I would like to attend his church sometime. I wonder if I wrote him a letter he would come to ours... Probably not...

7 comments:

  1. As long as it's good for the horse, keep on flogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorges, The horse don't care, he's dead. For the past 30 years on most things I do for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "real farmer" would probably work for the government.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought a "real farmer" worked for the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bank, the gummint, John Deere, Cargill and Monsanto. Works for? Like a dead coyote works for the buzzards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Budde, flogging a dead horse is a concept being parlayed into wealth, or at least some measure of fame, by a hoarse shouting kid band out of Des Moines. Check out Dead Horse Trauma. Evidence that the Ledge sired progeny?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collieguy, shall the lazyfarmer become relabeled as the lazyfarmer repository of unlistenable music? LFRUM-has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!