The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, January 16, 2012

I am assaulted by snowballs

I saw my sister-in-law walk out of her house and no one threw snowballs at her...
My wife can take a walk in the snow and no snowballs.
Does Grandpa get a snowball?
Does my brother get assaulted?
No...
But I decide to try out my mountain bike in the snow and what happens?
I think it takes a lot of nerve for the gang of four to attack their kind uncle (well one member of the gang is my daughter) and technically the youngest didn't attack me as I was quick to refer to him as my absolute favorite nephew with in four feet.  I have taught them funny songs, told them iconic jokes like the one about the duck and the one where the punch line is, "he should have quit when he was A HEAD," and given them entertainment my sneaking up behind them with a truck air horn attached to an air hose, and played tonka trucks with them, and showed them how a dude walks, and all sorts of other highly important and useful things.
Yes, no good deed goes unrewarded...

4 comments:

  1. Do the TP houses in your part of the world? I was trying to explain to the kids at school that getting your house TDed was a mark of honor. It showed that you were cool. Perhaps they are trying to help you feel like you are accepted.

    Maybe they are lashing out because you spend too much time in your chair.

    Think of it as winter dodge ball.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumice, Kids don't TP houses much here. It never really caught on. I think kids these days mostly sit around and play video games. Perhaps I will wander out and see if there is enough snow to hook the dog up to the sled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice wintry day in your part of the union!

    Someone has to be the target for snowballs. I guess you were the one. But it sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. msladydeborah, we have a pretty good life here. A little chilly perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!