The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I would rather listen to this than Lars Larson

Plus The Legendary Stardust Cowboy makes more sense...
I once heard Lars arguing with Mr. Geertson about Roundup-Ready Alfalfa. I wish I would have taken notes. Lars gets Mr. Geertson to answer these totally leading questions and then he plays his trump card. Which was something on the order of since RR Alfalfa has been engineered to be "better" than regular Alfalfa isn't that a big advantage and shouldn't everybody use it? I could just hear Mr. Geertson's brain exploding. Fifteen minutes on the radio and the idiot talk show host absolutely cannot understand the argument.
All the legitimate debate of corporate monopoly, the risk of foreign countries not accepting exports because of their opposition to RR Alfalfa, cross pollination problems, RR resistant weeds, and Lars focuses on the most obvious, superficial, and stupid argument!
(I don't really care about RR vs non RR, it just irritates me to pay $4 per pound and have to plant 20lbs per acre. Perhaps that is why I have a pallet of Alfalfa seed in the barn that I bought because the salesman accepted my offer of $.50 per lb. It was a good deal so I bought 10 times what I needed. At least my wife understood. She laughed at me. I couldn't be a talkshow host because I wander off topic. Where was I?)
Have a nice day...

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo Bud!

    Rock the House - you onna roll today, brudda

    Must still be rainin', yes?

    Reno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reno, pretty muddy outside and too many cups of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!