The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Enough of this Occupy Portland BS

They were teasing this story since 3 p.m. on the radio yesterday. (KXL the home of Lars Larson)
The KXL news crew was right there at the scene and had audio but they did not actually report the story in any depth.
This guy was taking video of the protesters. They started screaming at him and calling him "racial offensive names." He says ok fine, come at me, I'll defend myself. And he shows them his gun in his holster. And he has had a permit.
He gets arrested. I bet you money the cops dropped him on the pavement.
The occupy movement is a tool of the current political establishment. They are your "committee of public safety," or your current, "brown shirts," or whatever tools the minds behind the revolution put in the streets. "Useful fools," perhaps you might say.
I've been reading about this and listening to the radio for the past two weeks. They have a few arguments that sound good but of course they do. These are the people who will clamor for change. And like all previous revolutions before-including the sad joke of the Arab spring, if we get the "Change" it will be bad for you and I and them. But most of them will be like the Chinese teacher stoned by her students during the cultural revolution and who died still loyal to the cause. (I couldn't find a link to that story using google-probably down the memory hole)
Anyway...
I guess the tea party really shook up the political establishment.
And one more thing- This complaint about student loans and banks. That is insane. Of course the banks want something back for making these high risk loans! My anger over my student loan was directed at the well respected private college that gave me a crappy education and pathetic job placement and then blamed me for not working hard enough. And at myself for ever getting a student loan.
Here is how college works... The editor of the student newspaper, the top 2 percent of the class, the kids who have a job/internship relating to their education get recruited out of college. The rest are on their own. If you want a job in journalism you volunteer at your local news outlet. That is how it works.  Or you know someone who knows someone else.
Say you are a good student, you do what your advisers tell you to do. You think you are working towards a career and you find out it was all BS after you graduate. Sure you should have done more research and you should have worked three jobs to pay for your education. Not everyone figures this out. You are supposed to do what you are told... Student loans are an introduction to financial servitude. But the blame should also fall upon the college. You spent a $200,000 on an education and you get no warranty? You get a better warranty on your Apple computer that you HAVE to buy in college.
Why should the college president get a huge salary and college graduates be unemployed?
Riddle me that one Flea-baggers!!!!
(Lars ought to read my blog!)
Now I gotta go to work.
I guess I'm a one percenter and I thought that only applied to outlaw motorcycle gangs.

4 comments:

  1. I think you said it all about right, Budd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $200,000 for an education and no job? Good grief, I guess I might be protesting something in the streets too. But being an uneducated wealthy farmer I guess I will count myself in the one percenters and consider myself fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of the big banks. I do nearly all my banking with a small local bank and a smaller credit union. But no one forced the borrowers to take out their student loans. I'm a 1%er also, I financed my college education by growing annual ryegrass. I spent my weekends repairing crappy old farm equipment rather than clubbing, and spread fertilizer over spring break rather than going to Cancun.
    Sorry for the ramble, but it is irritating to continually hear these whiners scapegoating the banks for their own piss-poor choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one likes the big banks. I dislike the big corporations who have eliminated all the competition and local/regional companies and now give us crappy products.
    However...I'd like to see some anti-trust laws enforced, lobbyist reform, banking laws enforced, and the price of an education reduced.
    The price of education will not go down as long as Government guarantee's huge student loans.
    The pity is that those solutions won't fit on a sign and there can be no criticism of our divine leader.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!