The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

We catch a fish

Daughter and I went fishing this afternoon. The cousins joined us. We also built roads with the vintage Tonka trucks at the river. But, in between we went fishing.
I caught two rather small bass. The first was more like a really big minnow. The second was not quite big enough to keep. The daughter and nephew were somewhat disappointed at not catching tiny fish of their own but shared in the excitement of actually catching a fish.
I caught the first fish with a MEPPS spinner and the second with a lure someone gave me. It looks like a really big slug with a hook sticking out of his bottom.

3 comments:

  1. Well.........you did say there were fish in the river!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine and dandy foray. Every chidhood should involve a river. Do Tonka trucks ever need shop time or leave trails of parts and smoke on the highway? Could have saved myself some trouble hauling pigs up to Algona with a Tonka rig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muddy, You can see the fish, but they just won't bite. I think explosives are probably the answer...

    Collie, The Tonka trucks look like our farm trucks. A little worse for wear and a tad rusty-but still running for the most part.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!