The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, September 18, 2011

People are becoming more and more idiotic

I was reading about air show crashes. I think it is terrible to ruin a WWII airplane. They just don't make em like that anymore... And of course the people who were under the airplane... Of course if you are in the front row at the Reno air races I suppose you take some risks...
The point of the of the title of the post can be illustrated in the comments following the articles.
The clever people say a 60-70 year old should not be flying a 1940's era airplane. No one stops to think...
1. This is a once in how many years? accident...
2. Old airplanes are very carefully inspected. Especially if they are in an airshow. You should be more worried about that second rate airline that gave you the reduced fare.
3. Why would age make the difference? He had to pass a physical. There is a big difference between 75 and 85.
4. Why do you think you are smarter than anyone else because you are 14 years old and sitting behind a computer.
5. Do any of these people who post ever just do a internet search for details on the plane or the person or requirements for licensing or flying?  (No-they are lazy idiots who want other people's lives legislated for them.
This is the same thought pattern that gives approval to the petty and amateur psychology that results in us having our personals cupped at airport screenings and gives us reams of paperwork for our daily lives and won't allow me to make small-scale explosions in my back yard.
Idiots run the world...
I would feel safer at an airshow than standing on the corner in front of my house when the kids go rocketing by on their cafe racer motorcycles! I swear when the next one crashes I'm going to steal his wallet...

1 comment:

  1. Terrible accident alright. But definitely an accident. Yet the powers that be may try to legislate safety upon us and the events we attend now. Something that amused (annoyed) me was how some of our local news media referred to the plane as a "jet fighter". Obviously they had not done their homework .

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!