The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Happiness is...

I've been in a bit of a funk.
To summarize without a lot of boring narrative.
Things went wrong...
Other things went wrong...
I melted the last diode for a NH 1085 second table solenoid in the state of Oregon.
Other things went went wrong...
I was annoyed...
I found out that I planted 200 acres of corn with three rows not putting out enough fertilizer and I don't have $5,000 to refund anyones's planting payment. Not that anyone has asked for a refund yet.
I realized I was not 16 with my whole life ahead of me and full of promise and excitement, (never saw that one coming)
I am going to get hay rained on...
So I was driving through town in my less than pristine 1964 Studebaker cruiser and this song came on the MP3 player playlist... I was on my way to pick up a hub for the windrow pickup for a 1970 Massey 750 combine...
I have to stop listening to old country western music...
And it was followed by Billy Rancher...
I am so freaking weird...
Perhaps, I should just say "eccentric."
My poor daughter!

7 comments:

  1. Oh well, at least she won't be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budde, your title reminds me of another old song.. "Happiness is,,, different things to different people." Eccentric, wierd? Maybe but aren't they the most interesting people too? I need to see pictures of that 64 Stude. Now I am off to town in my 64 Chevy II.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Budde, I hope it will get better! I am kinda in a funk too but still whitling away at my work when I feel like it. No work, no pay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheer up! The Studebaker moves on it's own power! Somehow I thought it was ready for blocks & tall grass. The rain probably won't be more than a light mist & it's only for a day. I will see what I can do for you as to the weather.
    From what I can see, corn isn't doing well this year with or without fertilizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Folks with nothing but sunny internal weather are in institutions. Slap some Skillet Lickers on the Mp3 player, you won't even have to have the Stude in gear and it will feel like you're doing sixty heading for Georgia.

    Fried diodes make good robot lunch, preferred ten to one over Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, several really entertaining things happened last week which I really should write about. I'm going to have to check my statistics and see how many locals are still reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. notallthatfrumpyhousewifeAugust 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM

    Sixteen wasn't all that wonderful. Now if I could have the energy and appearance of a 16 yo with my 40-something brain--that would be nice. I still see promise and excitement ahead, and not just Promise margarine for your heart health and the excitement of hip-replacement surgery. I like how you use your blog to express yourself and poke fun at your world. "Eccentric" is a better word than weird, but I expect you are just a nice, decent guy doing what you need to do for your family's health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!