The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A photo from last week

This is what it looks like when you pull the cart off the irrigator.

There were sound effects that went with it but perhaps it is best to leave those words in the corn field.

The irrigator is a huge reel of 4.5" plastic hose. On this one there is a water turbine which drives a chain which turns the reel which pulls in the pictured cart which has a giant "rain bird" sprinkler on it. Actually it is a Nelson but when I say "Rain bird" you know what I mean.
The sprinkler covers 240-280 feet or so. I always forget. I have the old sprinkler stuck in my head and that is 360 feet. Oh my, now i can't remember anything... I will never make a real farmer! I know is it written down somewhere.
I'm going to work... Still raining... More coffee!

5 comments:

  1. I am leaving you a copy of Mother Teresa's "Says" by the New Chocolate Cake by the pies.
    Nothing like piece of Fudge Cake with a scoop
    of ice cream after a bad day, take Lilly with you...tell the owner it is on me! Ready 7/20/11 - Wednesday.
    Sorry about the weather..I guess growing up in Central OR wasn't that bad..I didn't even know it was brown until I started at Western Oregon and someone told me...kind of like there is no tooth fairy.
    Anyhow keep laughing, crying only stuffs up
    your nose and gets you wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised that you cannot remember anything. It is a wonder you can even function with that old sprinkler stuck in your head! It does explain the "cowboy" though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone put a half Nelson on Big Rain Bird.

    Rear tires went in deep and fast when you got out of the sod? Probably were having mixed thoughts and hoping for the best about getting across that soft spot when the dastardly laws of physics struck from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It the little serendipities that I enjoy. I never thought of them as "words for the corn field."

    And thanks for explaining what an irrigator is. Some of us sheltered city folk think of a tool the dentist uses.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, the problem is that i am going the opposite direction each day. But, thank you. I should go there for breakfast! There is no tooth fairy?

    Muddyvalley, Sometimes I think I have it stuck up my arse. Have you see my mower? I lost it.

    Collieguy, by the time I finished putting it back together and fixing the relief valve which I busted off in the pipe I felt like someone had given me a "father nelson." Your scene reconstruction sounds good but I think something went wrong on when it reeled in and the gun was not tight on the hose to begin with. It went back together to easily. It now has a load binder on it...

    Pumice, Thanks, sometimes it feels like being at the denstist. Although I have a very nice dentist, I still think about "Marathon Man" every time I go there.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!