The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I overslept and this will be a short post but you can still buy Bit-O-Honey candy bars

It is not like I just woke up. I stared at the ceiling in kind of a daze for something like two hours...thinking about what it would like to be a real farmer and not have every single crop be almost a failure. Not quite a failure... Look up previous post on my "sideways" luck.
I suppose it all came from my talk with MuddyV about the big fire at the local CIA airlines and how most people who make it big do it by business practices that we find offensive, (until we start doing it and then it is pulling oneself up by their own bootstraps)
I reviewed several people I know and decided Muddy was correct. The one fellow who showed up a the shop yesterday got the old folks in awe. He has 30 balers running all over the country. The guy did it by being a modern businessman. He undercut everyone in the straw business by offering the farmer high stumpage fees for the straw. He didn't actually pay those fees but did so selectively. Very clever. But, it put those who were honest or those who refused the risk out of business and stuck us bottom feeders paying money for something we used to get for free.
Completely ruined a really good thing and for what? He drives a really nice pickup and has a new house and plays in a rock and roll band and thinks he is a neat guy. You can't complain or you are just jealous because you are not a good businessman. Plus, he is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet.
Whatever...no longer care...
I have to go rake alfalfa.
Anonymous found me a Freeman 270 in Bend but it sold...
I do not want to bale at night.
You can still buy "Bit-O-Honey" candy bars.
Click on the candy bar to go to the website from which I stole the picture. (I hope that is not a copyright violation, it takes you to the article by the guy who took the photo.)

You can get them from Amazon.com. If you want to buy some then type "Bit-O-Honey" in the Amazon search box on this blog. This will give me a kick back. But only if you buy it when you do the search. If you come back later I get nothing...

2 comments:

  1. I turned on the irrigation and came back to sit a spell and have my second cup of coffee and I looked at what I wrote this morning.
    Nothing like having a little bit-o-whine with your morning coffee and pie! I should have written about how we pulled the irrigator and G706 sideways 20 feet when the transmission popped into gear when we were pulling the gun out with the 2-155 in 4wd. There is a lot of stretch in a 1500 ft plastic hose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all answer for our sins, if not in this life, then in the next one. It's best to just stay as honest as we can and try not to smile when someone out-swindles the swindlers.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!