The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, February 25, 2011

No More Salsa! My favorite restaurant goes up in smoke!

I finally find a Mexican restaurant that I like and it burns to the ground. The lady made the best salsa I've ever had.
The building was one of the older buildings in town. I heard the fire started in a kind of lean to shop attached to the rear of the building. I was going through town and I saw the Amity Fire Chief's car zooming around the block and I didn't think that much about it. A few moments later I saw the Sate Police car blasting by me. Then I get a call from my brother that Camino Real is on fire.
It looked like the fire went up the back wall and caught the top story on fire first. One of the onlookers said there was a fellow leaning out the upstairs window looking confused early in the conflagration, I'm assuming he figured out there was a problem.
(Photos contributed by G706 )

While I do feel bad for all those who lived upstairs and the folks with the satellite TV store, I hate to see more bad luck for the nice Mexican lady. Her husband died when they had first started and she has had to work very hard to make it. Which is all quite sad and all that but the thing is... she did a really good job. It has had really good service, good food, and they make made excellent salsa and you could buy a cup of it and take it home. AND I'M OUT!!!

I swear I would have run into that burning building and saved the tub of salsa, the kitty and the baby could find their way out on their own, they have legs!!!
(Movies were contributed by Joshua who has a blog but never posts. )

6 comments:

  1. Save the tub of salsa LOL. I just get you eating Mexican again and you let the place burn to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame for the Mexican lady. Joshua's day will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Camino Real was the last to burn. I don't think it started there. The news said there were six apartments above the restaurant with something like 10 people displaced. They lost everything. The building is nothing but a shell this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. Small business, small farm it's such tough sledding. We've had downtown fires in our small towns in the past year. Same configuration; somebody trying to make a business and a life with a bunch of low rent apartments overhead.

    Maybe you could buy the salsa recipe for a mullyun bucks promissory note and set up El Camino Moline in your coffee break area. Open a bike repair shop, feature barbequed blue goat on the lunch menu. Careful who you rent the guest cabins to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the fire department is..... how many feet away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for the owner and customers of that restaurant. =( All her hardwork and tub of salsa were gone! You should've really saved those. Were there people inside when the fire started? It must have been pretty hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!