The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting stuff done...

I'm not getting stuff done this year... Perhaps it is all the blogging.
I just dumped my phone photos into the computer but I'm out of time and need to be moving the drill. I've got to go 10 miles and do 30 acres before 1 p.m. as it is going to rain. I just don't have the drive I once had.
Last night I finished my field at 7:30 p.m. I missed the Corvallis Seed's big steak dinner but I finished the field.
Yesterday George D. died. He had an amazing memory and took a lot of local history with him. He was a war hero and hard worker. He seemed to understand folks like myself who are not successful farmer. He never put me down, unless he thought I was not working hard enough. I can accept/appreciate that.
Last night I had a good post that I'd been thinking about all day. I had just started in on it when my daughter came to ask me to read to her. She finished "Stuart Little" on her own and brought out "The Magician's Nephew" for me to read. So I crawled in bed with her and started to read. I figured I'd be back.
I went to sleep...
I am counting on rain today so I can get a valentine's gift for my wife and something for my daughter. I should have done it online but I don't have a credit card and so I was limited to PayPal transactions. I'm at a loss for ideas this year.
Basically all I want is a hug and a kind word and thinking of elaborate schemes is beyond my current abilities.
I also wonder why every joint in my miserable worthless body has hurt for the past four years. I need to drink more... water. More vitamins. Could it be that I am getting old? Perish the thought!!!
Now... THis time I am really going out that door and going to work!
On to the Gates! Narnia and the North!  Remember the Alamode! They have taken Canrobert's Hill! Fifty-Four Forty or Fight! Old Tippicanoe and Tyler Too! In for a penny in for a pound!

7 comments:

  1. When those fellows die, it leaves the whole community diminished. And too many of the younger folks neither know nor care.

    Not much going around here that will be the making of grand old men and women.

    Hey, that door between coffee and work is a daily challenge. There is a fiddle tune by name 'Take Your Foot Out of the Mud and Stick it in the Sand', kind of sums up my farming years.

    Go Ducks! On to Tipperary! Mind that loose step! Don't Hit Your Thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll blame the darned computer too. I am lacking in drive myself. The only thing I have gotten done this week is drive to Virginia and back and paid a few bills and went to church.

    We are losing some fine old folks and all they are left with is us Budde.

    Scary thought, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the folks we don't think of as that interesting usually know a lot more than we realize, they just might not verbalize it well. I fear the nation's collective wisdom is dying along with these folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the new age. We have things that help save us time and now we have blogging, facebook and twitter that eat up all our time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collieguy, I missed the old time music on KBOO this morning and so got off to a bad start. Radio doesn't work so well because someone didn't pay the ConEd bill. (Not sure where that came from probably some forgotten song lyric) Don't think the younguns are what they think they are.
    Ed, I'm just lazy...
    Anonymous, I did...
    Gorges, Why didn't I just go over there with a tape recorder and pad and paper and interview him. Same with a previous interesting former landlord.
    Minneapolis Girl, your link is to the city of Minneapolis. How and why did you come here? I do mention Minneapolis-Moline tractors. Is this a clever joke on the name or did you just find the Lazy Farmer whilst wandering the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. only beer in cans are allowed Minneapolis Parks.

    (from the link)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!