The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Egypts Strange Revolution

I have been listening to the radio again...
Something is wrong with the Egypt revolution. It has been too neat and too clean so far. They are saying it is the "Facebook" revolution. Facilitated by social media. The triumph of the young people.
In my experience the young people are mostly "tools."
If Mubarak was serious about supression would he not have just started shooting people?
What would the US do? "Oh boy, you should stop that right now!"
I expect there is a lot more to come.
I suspect freedom of religion and democracy have slightly different meanings over there.
I suspect the countdown to burkas and beheadings has begun.

After I wrote this I checked out what other people were saying.
Eye of Polyphemus puts it quite well. The military is now in charge...

2 comments:

  1. Egypt might just be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Someone commented that there were not many women visible in the protests. Those that were had burkhas and very conservatively dressed. Not sure what that says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect it's a sign of things to come, Ralph. And you're right, Budd, it DOES seem awfully "neat."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!